CCRA 54: ISO and ASTM Coal and Coke Standards
- Development of standards and procedures pertaining to Canadian Coal and Steel industries
CCRA 90: Exploration Sample Assessment for Current and New Coal Mines in Canada
- To investigate alternative environmental friendly methods to produce exploration coal samples for further assessment..
CCRA 81: Mineral Matters in Western Canadian Coal
- To understand the effect of mineral type and size in coal on resultant coke quality
- To understand the characteristics of western Canadian coal in-situ mineralogy and transformation of minerals in carbonization
CCRA 80: Characterization of Coal Washing Plant Streams and Product Quality Upgrade
- To characterize the metallurgical properties of mine circuits to better understand how to improve coke quality and hence energy efficiency for both the coal and steel industries.
CCRA 86: Performance of Canadian Coals in High Inert Blend
- To understand how Western Canadian coals behave/work in high inert blends.
CCRA87: Technical Merits of Western Canadian Coals
- To develop fundamental studies that show the technical merits of Western Canadian coals.
- To package existing technical information/data and gather new analysis data for highlighting the fact that Canadian coals prove to make high quality coke for modifying perception of marketing representatives.
CCRA 93: Performance of Western Canadian Coal in Stamp Charge
- To understand the effect of incorporating Western Canadian Coal in stamp charge blend on resultant coke quality and coal blend stampability